The Maynard Education Foundation (MEF) is an independent, non-profit 501 (c) 3 organization that uses its philanthropic contributions to enhance educational excellence in the Maynard Public Schools by funding ideas and projects which promote and celebrate academic rigor and achievement, excitement about learning, and innovation in instruction.
The purpose of the Foundation is to:
- Provide resources for implementing ideas consistent with our purpose;
- Promote new educational ideas and initiatives;
- Fund projects that benefit as many students and teachers as possible;
- Provide clear instruction and criteria for both the grant application and grant evaluation process.
The Foundation shall achieve this by:
- Raising contributions;
- Determining the specific purpose for which moneys may be used;
- Accepting or rejecting donations depending on their suitability;
- Selecting various projects for which moneys may be employed.